Mobile Cardiac Telemetry
Patient support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Portable, convenient, and lightweight equipment
Results delivered to ordering physician promptly, usually within 3-5 days after disconnect
MOBILE CARDIAC TELEMETRY
Accurate diagnosis is the first step in managing and treating Atrial fibrillation (AFib) and other cardiac arrhythmias.
An American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force found that approximately 2.7 – 6.1 million Americans are estimated to have AFib, including 9% of the U.S. population 65 years of age or older. 1
Without proper care management, AFib can lead to congestive heart failure, cardiac disease, and a fivefold increased risk of stroke.
Stratus is proud to offer cardiac diagnostic services nationwide to expedite diagnoses for your patients.
1. January CT, Wann LS, Alpert JS, Calkins H, Cigarroa JE, Cleveland JC Jr, et al. 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2014;64(21):2246–80.
WHAT IS MOBILE CARDIAC TELEMETRY?
Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT) is a method of recording a patient’s heart activity via a small, convenient, and portable device. It’s performed in the patient’s home and daily environment, where symptoms for various cardiac events, including bradycardia, tachycardia,and arrhythmia, are more likely to appear.
A 2013 study published in Medical Devices: Evidence and Research found that diagnostic yield of patients monitored with MCT was 61% compared to a mere 24% with the Holter monitor.2
MCT allows monitoring and data collection for up to 30 days, versus only 24-48 hours with Holter monitoring. The extended length of testing provides more data to help ensure accurate arrhythmia diagnosis and management.
2. Tsang JP, Mohan S. Benefits of monitoring patients with mobile cardiac telemetry (MCT) compared with the Event or Holter monitors. Med Devices (Auckl). 2013;7:1–5. Published 2013 Dec 9. doi:10.2147/MDER.S54038
AN EFFECTIVE SOLUTION FOR PATIENTS
Our lightweight equipment arrives at the patient’s home pre-activated, with no additional configuration required. It can be concealed for daily activities and errands, as well as removed for bathing and showering.
Patient support is available from Stratus 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The device is shipped with a prepaid return label for convenient data collection at our headquarters.
STRATUS: COMMITTED TO CARE
At Stratus, we are dedicated to providing high level services to physicians and patients. Our center receives and monitors transmitted MCT data 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Physicians are notified immediately upon detection of irregularities in a patient’s testing.
At study conclusion, our technicians send referring physicians a comprehensive, easy-to-read report to assist with appropriate diagnosis and therapy management. Most test results are promptly delivered within 3-5 days of disconnect.
Our mobile cardiac telemetry services feature:
- Auto-trigger functionality, allowing for the early detection of specific arrhythmias, such as AFib.
- Wireless data transmission through a Wi-Fi hotspot, which is programmed to send EKG recordings at 10-minute intervals. Other monitors utilize cellular networks, which can experience gaps in coverage, or worse, a lack of signal altogether.
- Easily accessible patient support 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure accuracy.
- Team members who are required to pass the Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) examination.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
4545 Fuller Drive, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75038
To learn more about Stratus and our suite of home EEG testing and video EEG monitoring solutions, or to schedule a demo, please fill out the form below.